Friday, November 14, 2008

spoilt with choices

I spent a good portion of the day researching for wooden furniture and equipment for my school. It's simple, they must be the right size for children, environment safe, accident free, have curved edges and done over with non-toxic surfaces. I tried to search for ready-made furniture if there's none that satisfies me, I will opt for custom-made. To make things worse, I am an extremely fussy lady but that's because I wanted the best for my school and children. I have catogorised them as follows :
Storage unitsBook displays
Seating units
Kitchen units
Sand and water units
Easel and Art equipment
Housekeeping units
Tables and Chairs
Role play units
Montessori materials shelves
Wall displays
Wooden play equipment
Most of my teaching aids come from the UK and USA. I sourced them overseas because they have a good range of educational toys, art and craft, furnishings. Those are very valuable items like Montessori materials, I can't start the school without these classroom essentials. In my list, there's also quality learning materials from Oxford Reading Tree and Letterland just to name a few, art and craft materials and educational toys from Plan Toys, Selecta Spielzeug and Orchard Toys.
My general idea was to create an ideal environment for the children. I really love the above ideas but I had a hard time source for these locally. If I can find the right supplier or carpenter.

No comments:

Bugs Garden Party

Well, as you are already know, here at LittleLand we always keep our children busy learning while having fun. First we brought our children ...