Friday, November 14, 2008

talking about education

When I was in secondary school, on nice days, my friends and I will walk from our school SGGS to Pulau Tikus for snacks. As we walked up the road, we will pass St. Christopher's school. The sight of children with blue eyes and blonde hair caught our eyes. Leaning against one of the trees, we'd sit and watch the children leaping high and playing with joy...In my head, although I was only 17, I was hoping to own a school that the children enjoy coming to.
I focus on the kind of education the school could offer. I don’t talk as much about the beauty of the school, but the quality of the education. I know that children learn best when they’re actively engaged. They are naturally curious. I know they learn science, math, reading and writing concepts through hands-on, sensory-oriented activities. I believe that all children are talented, capable and special, whether they enjoy music or math. That's why eventhough at home, I give them lots of activities based on Montessori teaching. Just a simple activity like having a meal. You could incorporate Montessori teaching into your daily life. Practical Life is one of the subjects in Montessori teaching that i love the most. By providing plenty of space and time for them to explore, along with lots of support and love, you and your child sure will have fun.

No comments:

Bugs Garden Party

Well, as you are already know, here at LittleLand we always keep our children busy learning while having fun. First we brought our children ...